Technical Assistant, Telecommunications Laboratory
Faculty of Computing and ICT, Amoud University, Telecommunications Department
Dean, Faculty of Computing and ICT, Amoud University
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Technical Assistant, Telecommunications Laboratory is responsible for providing assistance to the lecturers and students with managing the technical functions of the telecommunications laboratory and to oversee and coordinate functions and operational activities related to routine telecommunications laboratory operations.
Essentially this position requires its holder to possess good hands on and practical skills in handling telecommunications equipment, punctuality, consistency, reliability, industriousness and efficiency with minimum supervision.
2. Personal Qualities
The appointee needs to possess qualities such as Commitment to excellence; Commitment to servant leadership; Commitment to Amoud University’s policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Associate Dean, Academic Affairs, may include the following, with other duties that may be assigned by the Dean:-
- Design hands-on lesson plans that allow for students to learn how to use the tools, equipment, technology and techniques necessary to perform the tasks required of the job.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by administrative regulations.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Monitor students’ safe use of tools and equipment
- Conduct written, oral or performance tests to evaluate students’ understanding of the procedures and concepts taught
- Maintain and organize student records, such as grades, assignments and performance evaluations.
- Establish and maintain technical laboratory procedures.
The Technical Assistant, Telecommunications Laboratory plays a vital role in the running of the faculty affairs which cannot be overemphasized.
This post is subordinate to the Dean of Faculty and shall always keep in close touch with the dean, in order to represent the faculty accurately at all times.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post, and as duties and responsibilities change or develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.