Associate Dean, Registration and Examinations (R&E)
Faculty of Computing and ICT, Amoud University
Dean, Faculty of Computing and ICT, Amoud University
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Associate Dean, registration and examinations, is responsible for providing assistance to the Dean with managing the student admission, registration, transfers and examinations functions of the Office of the Dean and to oversee and coordinate functions and operational activities related to Faculty daily administration.
Essentially this position requires its holder to possess good data entry skills, self-motivation, integrity, meticulousness and efficiency with minimum supervision.
2. Personal Qualities
The appointee needs to possess qualities such as Commitment to excellence; Commitment to servant leadership; Commitment to Amoud University’s policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
3. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of the Associate Dean, Examinations Affairs, may include the following, with other duties that may be assigned by the Dean:-
- To coordinate all examination matters pertaining to Faculty of Computing and ICT and be the liaison officer and official representative of the faculty in both the registrar’s office and examinations department.
- Be overall responsible for students from junior class for all departments and keep track of their transition into senior class ensuring they fully undertake re-exams/ recourse/ special exams so as to eliminate the carry overs of multiple courses into senior year.
- Prepare accurate and updated students examination attendance sheets on time and distribute to lecturers as early as possible for examination results preparation.
- Follow up examination results submission from lecturers and report any lecturers who have not complied with the given timelines, to the dean.
- Ensure sufficient students’ awareness of examination requirements and compliance with rules and regulations inside examination venues or rooms, including carrying of ID cards, dressing smartly, no carrying of mobile phones and other important rules.
- To manage the faculty graduation processes and procedures. Liaising closely with the office of the registrar and library for graduation clearance arrangements including gowns distribution and return. Also responsible for safe keeping and issuance of certificates, transcripts, testimonials hard cover and graduation booklets to graduated students.
- Oversee and manage the database operations related to students examinations by maintaining a wide range of up to date examination records for students including registration details like correct name, student registration number, and marks scored and grade attained.
- Process the student merit scholarship every semester, in close collaboration with Chief Registrar, Amoud University, through the dean’s office by accurately determining eligible, deserving winners of the scholarships in an open and transparent manner.
- Responsible for Faculty logistics in exam preparations, starting from follow up of lecturers for examination paper submission via email, setting of examination papers including shared courses (same course, multiple classes, multiple lecturers).
- Coordinate exam paper moderation, invigilation of examinations and assessment of student field internship activities.
- Responsible for management of major examinations including re-exams/ special examinations, Mid-Term examinations and Final Examinations from printing of examination management forms, to printing students examination lists, organizing invigilation teams for examinations, release of such examination materials, to submission and safe storage of all these examination materials and records.
- Prepare the project defence lists, organize panellists, supervise the defence sessions and ensure preparation of materials necessary for conducting smooth viva voce defence (proposals and thesis/final project), including the venues in advance.
- Notify students and staff of forthcoming examinations in a timely manner and ensure production of examination timetables for both practical examinations and theory examinations.
- Notify students and staff of the latest examination rules and regulations and policies as and when they are changed or updated.
- Coordinate students’ orientation activities
- Make sure all examination records are received, kept safe and updated especially final examination scripts. Also ensure all Mid Term Examination Scripts are returned to students and report any lecturers who have not complied with the policy, to the dean.
- In addition, you will handle all issues related to examination complaints from students including marks allocation and missing marks and ensure follow up with concerned lecturers.
- Provide updated records for all students including current academic standing,
- To manage the faculty daily routine operations of students and staff, including supervision of classes and lecturers’ attendance (Saturday of every week, both morning shift and afternoon shift). The class attendance reports for the supervised days should be submitted to the dean by the morning after supervision day.
- Coordinate any other activities as may be assigned by the dean from time to time.
The Associate Dean, Registration and Examinations, plays a vital role in the running of the faculty affairs which cannot be overemphasized.
This post is subordinate to the Dean of Faculty and shall always keep in close touch with the dean, in order to represent the faculty accurately at all times. All faculty activities and operations shall have the Associate Deans’ Offices as the focal points for implementation.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post, and as duties and responsibilities change or develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.